You can place your order through our website (both on desktop & mobile web). Use the orange buttons next to a product to “add to your cart”, then follow the checkout instructions to complete your order.
Modish accepts credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club), Amazon Pay & PayPal. Customers can also avail deferred payment options through our financing partner Affirm (details given below).
Modish runs on the Shopify platform which is trusted by over 600,000 online stores and is a world leader in ecommerce solutions. We use Shopify’s payment systems which are best in class industry standards. Shopify uses 256-bit encrypted SSL certificates and is fully Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant. Shopify store owners never get to see customer’s credit card information, PayPal authentication token etc. When you are on the Modish website, you’ll notice a lock symbol in your browser's address bar and the prefix will switch from "http:" to "https:" indicating that you are in a secure environment.
As soon as you place your order, Modish will send you an order confirmation email (this will contain your order number and the estimated shipping date). This means we have received your order in our system and are working to fulfill it.
Once an order has been placed on Modish, we send the following types of emails
Order Confirmation Mail - This mail is sent immediately to confirm your order. It also contains the estimated shipping date.Shipping Confirmation Mail - This is sent once shipping has been done with the shipment tracking number.Out for Delivery Email Mail - This is sent by our shipping agent when your order is out for delivery at your destination.Orders outside the Lead Time - For orders outside the lead time, we send an email with the estimated date of shipment.For LTL shipment - For large/LTL shipments, we send additional communication on the likely delivery schedule.
After you have placed your order and received the confirmation mail
If an item is in stock and can be shipped immediately, your credit card will be charged within 3 business days.In all other cases, the credit card will be charged within 6-7 days of receiving the order.
If you cancel your order before shipment, please allow 3-5 business days for the credit card refund to show up in your account (this may vary depending on your credit card processing company).
Yes, Modish does price match within reasonable limits. You may send us an email for this purpose but the decision of the management is final. The price match is for the final price (including shipping costs) as Modish has no hidden costs and does not charge shipping.
We know once you’ve placed your order, you are anxious to receive your items. We make every effort to get your order shipped out to you as quickly as possible. Our standard shipping times are as given below. However you are advised to check for the actual shipping time mentioned in the order confirmation email sent to you.
In Stock at Vendor/Drop Ship - Within 10 business days of receiving order.Out of Stock Item(s) - We will email you the estimated lead-time and you will have an option to cancel the order, if the lead-time is not acceptable.Out-of-Stock Items: You will be notified if an item is out-of-stock when your order is processed. We will email you the estimated lead-time and you have an option to cancel the order with refund, if the lead-time is not acceptable. If you keep the order, we will keep you updated on the backorder status and you may choose to cancel at any time before shipping for a full refund.Special cases like handmade items (e.g. wine barrel furniture), large rugs, large/oversized furniture are usually custom built in coordination with our supplier. Their shipping times are typically 4-5 weeks after order. We will keep you notified of the estimated shipping date. If you do not wish to wait after placing an order, you may cancel the item(s) within 48 hours of being notified of estimated shipping date by us.
Shipping during these difficult times of the Pandemic is a challenge. Manpower restrictions and physical distancing means that warehouses are able to work at fifty percent capacity. All transporters including FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL and trucking companies are working with impacted strength. What this means is that your shipment now takes more time to reach you than before. Add to this the problem that globally manufacturing shipping has slowed down which means that our supplies are delayed. However we are working hard in these trying circumstances to reach your order as soon as possible.
We normally ship small packages through UPS, USPS and Fedex. Larger packages which are LTL, are shipped through shipping companies. Please note that UPS delivers only to your doorstep and does not obtain a signature from you. If you need a signed delivery receipt, there is a $15 charge & you can email your request to us at “email@example.com”.
Yes - we do offer expedited shipping in some cases, though the cost is expensive. 3 day UPS is normally about 30%-35% of the order value, while 2 day is appx 50% of the order value. For availing expedited shipping, please send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and we’ll get back with a quote. Sometimes customers require their order by a specific date - they can mention it in the “Special Instructions Comment Box” when you submit your order, and we will let you know if that timeline is feasible via expedited shipping.
We offer LTL shipping for overweight or large orders. Please write to us if LTL is required and we’ll get back with the quote & delivery schedule. Please note the following about LTL:
LTL delivery is curbside.Inside delivery costs $150 extra.Some places are high cost delivery areas e.g. New York & Los Angeles. We will send you an additional quote once we know your destination.LTL items usually ship through shipping companies. We will provide you the name of the shipping company and the tracking number once the item ships. The delivery team will call you and inform you the time when the item is being delivered.All LTL items are delivered to you personally after confirming your preferred delivery time on phone. The delivery team cannot leave until you have signed the delivery receipt. Please open the packaging and inspect the contents are okay before you sign the receipt and allow the delivery team to go away from your premises. You should note any problems that are there in the packaging and in the products in the delivery receipt.
If stocks are available for all items, we’ll ship them together at the same time in one lot. If one or more items are on backorder for a short period, we may wait for that backordered item to be received in our warehouse, so that all items can reach you at the same time. But if the backorder date is long, then the items may be shipped separately as per stock availability.
Yes - your shipment tracking number is contained in the Shipment Confirmation Email we send you once your order leaves our warehouse. The tracking number is a clickable link, and takes you to the website of the respective shipper - UPS, USPS or Fedex, where you can lookup the status of your package.
Yes - all our products are insured for transit. In case you notice any visible damages or breakages when your order is delivered, please do the following
Take some photos of the breakage, packaging etc and send it to us.Make a note of the breakage on the shipping delivery note.Save all packaging, tags etc and keep with yourself for the processing of the damage claim.
International Shipping / Alaska / Hawaii
Our sales are USA & Canada centric, but we also ship internationally to Europe, Australia, Mexico etc. To know shipping status for other countries, please drop us an email at “email@example.com” and we’ll get back.
Our international shipping rates are given in our standard shipping cost table (pl see the Q&A on shipping costs). International shipping does have additional factors, so please note these points:
Duties & clearing charges, if any are the responsibility of the customer.For orders above $400, we’ll send you the exact shipping quote. If the amount already charged in the order (as per the shipping cost table) is more than this shipping quote, the excess amount will get refunded and if the quoted amount is more than the shipping rates already charged then the differential amount will be charged in full before shipping the product. Please note we do not have any hidden costs and we don't want to make any money on shipping, we just want to cover our costs.Big size international shipments require LTL, which can only be assured after obtaining proper shipping quotes. Please wait for our shipping email.Customers in international destinations have to pay any local charges, federal taxes and custom duties or cess that is required as per their national policy.
The time taken for international delivery will depend on the country it is being shipped to. For estimating delivery time, we advise our overseas customers to add 3-5 weeks to the shipping time mentioned in the product page for continental US customers.
We don’t offer other options, but some of our international customers have written to us with their shipping suggestions which we are giving below. If you know of any other options, feel free to email us & we’ll add it in.
Shipping to Australia - There is a service called Shopmate which ship parcels from US to Australia. Details here https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-ratesShipping to Canada & Australia - Another popular option is Myus.com. You can check out their service here http://www.myus.com/en/ship-to-australia/
Please note - Modish does not have any tie-ups with these services. We are just sharing suggestions from our customers.
Cancellations & Returns
Cancellation before shipment-
An order can be cancelled only if the item has not been sent for final packing for shipment. An item normally takes 3-4 days to be packed and gotten ready for shipping. Please note that we can accept your cancellation request only if the item has not been packed.
Cancellation after packing and/or shipment-
Once an item is packed and/or shipped, then an item can be returned as per standard return procedure and cancellation handling rates will apply. (rates- below)
Our normal cancellation policy is as follows-
1. Order placed and if item is out of stock - Cancel with full refund.
2. Order placed and item not send for packing - Cancel with full refund.
3. Item already send for final packing and preparation to ship - 10% of order value to be retained as flat restocking fee (only for furniture)
4. Cancellation once item has shipped - If an order has been shipped it cannot be cancelled and will only be treated as a return. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us at any time within 5 days of its delivery. You will need to ship the item back to us (at our warehouse) at your own cost, and we will refund the merchandise value, subject to the restocking fee charged by different vendors (see below).
If you return an item, the shipping cost for sending the item to you will also be deducted from your total refund amount.
Return credits will be issued within 15 business days once the item is received and inspected. In case of doubt, please write to us at “Modish Store (firstname.lastname@example.org)” to confirm the policy. Our refund rate is extremely low, and we work with the customer in every one of these rare cases.
The Modish Policy for return in short is as follows. This should be read with the full policy below.
- Returnable with no restocking fees.
- Customer's will need to send back the item on their own in original boxes.
- Customer's will be refunded the full price less the cost of shipping item to customer.
Complete Return's Policy- We try and make it easy for you to return an order if you are not satisfied.
If an order has already been shipped, it cannot be cancelled and will only be treated as a return. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may inform us within 5 days of receiving the item and return it to us at any time within 10 days of its delivery.
You will need to ship the item back to us (at our warehouse) at your own cost, and we will refund the merchandise value, subject to the restocking fee charged by different vendors (see below).
If you return an item, the shipping cost for sending the item to you will be deducted from your total refund amount. Return credits will be issued within 15 business days once the item is received and inspected.
In case of doubts, please write to us at "Modish Store (email@example.com)” to confirm the policy. Our refund rate is extremely low and we work with the customer in every one of these rare cases.
Restocking fees Some vendors have a restocking fee, but most do not. We would be required to work on a case to case basis.
Shipping costs in furniture is 15-18% of the item cost
Procedure for Return- For the procedure to return an item, please follow these steps:
1. Inspect all merchandise immediately upon delivery to make sure it is as per the order.
2. Please notify us within 5 days of receiving your order, if you would like to request a return. You should email at “Modish Store (firstname.lastname@example.org)” with the return request.
3. Please check if your item is eligible for return. The few exceptions that cannot be returned include: clearance items and/or Items on sale/discount, and/or items on which any kind of offer, discount etc. has been claimed cannot be returned. We will look into the case, and if satisfactory, you’ll be issued a Return Authorization (RMA) from our Returns Department.
4. You must ship the item back within 10 days of receiving the RMA for proper credit. The RMA will have the return shipping address for each item. Please do not send any returns to us without the proper Return Authorization (RMA) as items will not be accepted without it.
Also, the respective suppliers or vendors will not accept a return without a Return Authorization.
5. All items must be returned with the original packaging, accompanied with all tags.
6. When shipping the items back to us for returns, please make sure to insure the item(s) for their full value, as it could get lost or damaged.
7. Once the returned item has been received by us at our warehouse (or our supplier or vendor), please allow 15 business days for opening and inspecting the returned merchandise and for crediting your account. You will receive an email confirmation once your return has been inspected and your account credited. Your return credit may then take an additional 3-5 business days to appear in your account depending on your credit card processing company.
8. All returns, claims, damages, complaints have to be brought to our knowledge within 5 days of the delivery of the goods. We apologies that we are unable to process any claims, damages, returns, complaints after 10 days of the receipt of the goods.
Yes - there are certain kinds of items which Modish is unable to accept as returns. These include: clearance items and/or Items on sale/discount, and/or items on which any kind of offer, discount etc. has been claimed cannot be returned.
If you receive a broken/damaged item, this damage was most likely caused during shipment, as we thoroughly inspect all merchandise before it leaves our warehouse. If any damage should occur during transit, we will open a Damage Claim with the shipping company provided you follow these steps INSTRUCTIONS FOR DELIVERY (Please read carefully)
1. Upon arrival, please inspect your shipment thoroughly before signing for receipt of shipment.
2. Do not sign the Bill of Lading/Freight Bill if you feel there is any breakage. Count the number of pieces received against the number shown on the freight bill. If not correct, DO NOT SIGN THE FREIGHT BILL/BOL until a notation has been made on the face of the freight bill.
3. Check for any visible damages on the carton and equipment. The delivering carrier is required by law to make notations of the damages on the freight bill before you sign. Do not take delivery of the goods if the driver says he is in a hurry and cannot wait for you to inspect the goods. The driver is required to wait for you to open the goods and inspect them. Please do so and ensure the goods are not damaged.
4. Please note damages on the BOL. If you sign a clean BOL then we cannot accept any damages later on. Please do not sign the BOL till you are satisfied with the item and are sure that there are no damages.
Do not throw away the crate, packaging and boxes. Modish Store can take a return only in the original packing. If the damage is significant, you may choose to not sign the BOL and refuse the shipment.
5. If this does occur, please contact us regarding a replacement shipment. All merchandise has been inspected and tested at manufacturer’s factory and crated in accordance with all transportation rules.
6. If delivery has been signed off and accepted without noted damage, Modish Store will try and work by a case by case basis for return. A restocking fee of 20% would apply upon return in each case.
7. If the delivery at the address given by the customer fails either because the customer does not accept the delivery or has failed to amend the wrong address given or because the customer is not present/ not contactable by phone or email, then the shipment would be returned to the warehouse and refund issued after deducting the shipment costs to the shipping address and back to the warehouse and towards any damage sustained during shipment.
8. All returns, claims, damages, complaints have to be brought to our knowledge within days of the delivery of the goods. We apologies that we are unable to process any claims, damages, returns, complaints after 5 days of the receipt of the goods. Please bring the damage to the notice of Modish at email@example.com within days of the delivery.
Items can be exchanged, but the process is similar to making a return and buying a fresh item (please see the Q&A on Modish Return Policy).
You may cancel the order at any time before it is shipped (please see the Q&A on Modish order cancellation procedure).
Please do not make a second purchase if you wish to exchange your first order for a different SKU. Every order is treated separately and cannot be settled against a later purchased.
Modish has partnered with Affirm to provide customers with flexible payment plans for their purchase. Affirm is an ecommerce industry market leader for customer financing options. Customers can finance any purchase of $99 or more over 3, 6, or 12 months - they can order instantly from Modish, and pay for it over time!
Signing up for Affirm is simple. During the checkout process on Modish, select the Affirm financing option, provide your basic information and get instantly approved. Affirm has designed its loans to offer you flexibility and control over your budget. It offers rates from 0-30% APR based on your credit rating. You will be prompted to select your choice of 3, 6, or 12 months financing. Your qualifying rate and monthly payment will be provided to you, so you know exactly how much to pay every month.
Modish sells decor, lighting and furniture made of organic materials, recycled and repurposed materials, which are mostly handmade by artisans. Therefore each item is slightly different from each other and it is impossible to achieve a product identical to the pictures provided. There may be minor differences in the color or patterns, unlike factory made products
No, Modish is a reseller. It does not offer any repairs of the items sold.