At Modish, we are dedicated to reducing our environmental impact by reforestation and giving back to the local communities. Our store sells products made out of recycled and re-purposed organic material. To further environmental awareness, we have decided to plant a tree in California for every customer that buys from us.
In partnership with One Tree Planted, we will make a donation for planting one tree in California, on behalf of every customer who purchases from ModishStore.
How It Works
- You make a purchase from Modish.
- Plant one tree
- For every order made, we will plant a tree in your name. And One Tree Planted will send you a Tree certificate.
- Share it
- Spread the love! Share a snap of your Tree Certificate with the hashtags #modishgreen #onetreeplanted and encourage others to join our mission. One Tree Planted will send the customer a Plantation Notification when the tree gets planted in her name.
California, the Golden State has about 35% of its land under forest. In the past years significant forest cover has been lost in forest fires. From December 2017 till January 2018, the Thomas Fire in Southern California burned down 281900 acres of forests. This is an area equivalent of more than Dallas and Miami combined. The Thomas Fire is the largest fire in California’s modern history. The loss of precious forests in this ecologically sensitive part of the world is an incalculable loss.
California’s forests need active management in order to improve their health, reduce the risk of major wildfires and pest infestations, and protect this beautiful natural playground for future generations.WHY PLANT TREES?
- Reduce the impact of wildfires: Help us prevent wildfires from spreading catastrophically. Young, healthy forests can help suppress future wildfires and reduce the impact of smoke on public health.
- Protect water supply: Two-thirds of California’s surface water supply comes from its mountainous forests. Improving the health of these headwater forests will make them more resilient to drought and long-term climate change.
- Improve forest resilience: Planting trees in California will help create young, resilient forests that can absorb and recover from fire, drought, and insect outbreaks. Together we can save threatened local tree species like the Sugar Pine!
At Modish we want to help re-forest California. We have partnered with One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Shelburne, Vermont involved in reforestation projects all over the country.